Who is in the photo at right? Sadie is a mixed breed with some obvious Yellow Lab. She recently turned 6 years old. My son rescued her after she was picked up by Beaumont TX Animal Control; she and her mom were living in the wild, and Sadie (named by my son Ross) had serious health issues including heartworm, which is normally fatal to dogs. A dog DNA testing service analyzed her DNA and found lab and no other significant breed DNA meaning her parents were mixed breed, her grandparents were likely mixed, and maybe her great grandparents. She is a mutt, just like most Americans. I'm Scott MacDonald. I have had a long career in real estate, often working for investors to fix troubled companies and projects throughout the world. My last full time assignment was CEO of the Investa Property Group in Sydney Australia. I wrote a book about that experience: Saving Investa: How An Ex-Factory Worker Helped Save One Of Australia's Iconic Companies. I am now semi retired but still provi...
When Amy and James asked to adopt Matzo Ball, they told us they had two cats at home, in addition to their two dogs. Would it work? The dog part would likely go smoothly but the cats were a concern. We were very honest: �He can be an excitable guy and he�s shown some prey drive towards squirrels and birds. We believe he could injure your cat if intros go too fast. BUT, if you take intros nice and slow � and in, weeks-slow rather than hours-slow, and if you stage your intros and monitor every step, we think he could eventually learn to live nicely with everybody.� The cats� personalities factored in to the equation as much as Matzo�s. Amy and James told us that one of their cats was fearless and would likely rush Matzo, while the other cat would probably be nonplussed. Knowing that a rushed intro would be more than Matzo could handle, they set up a plan to create the best success. During this intro period, Matzo was with them under a foster/adopt ...
Who is in the photo at right? The being with less of a beard in this photograph is me, mostly human writer Kira Jane Buxton. The four-legged, bearded chap is my canine partner-in-crime, Ewok. He is ten years young and a Brussels Griffon. We were, naturally, cosplaying as Sherlock Holmes and Watson in this picture. What's the occasion for Coffee with a Canine? We stopped by our local Viennese coffee shop. It’s beautiful and very fancy, and you are not allowed to order things by their American names. Instead of latte, you must say “wiener melange.” I find this wonderful, whimsical, and occasional hysterical. What's brewing? I am very pathetic and can’t handle coffee anymore, so I order a decaf with almond milk and vanilla, which means I am an utter embarrassment to the city of Seattle. Any treats for you or Ewok on this occasion? Cafe Vienna has a drive through window, which Ewok loves going through. He whines, sticks his head out of the car window and “performs” for a snack. ...
Comments
Post a Comment